Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Behind the Blog


I have been wrestling with the idea of blogging for awhile. It just always seemed funny to me, and maybe even a little vain, to think that people might care about what I think about. And to be honest I still have a feeling most won’t; which I understand, because I know what goes on in my mind and I can hardly entertain myself with my thoughts, much less others.  But here I am…blogging.
The truth is I miss discussion. I miss the late nights with friends, talking and probing at life’s questions. The asking of gut wrenching questions. The bouncing of thoughts. The challenges of changing our lives to follow the footsteps of our Leader. The wrestling with what it means to be a follower of Jesus. And the struggling to help His kingdom come. The talking, the probing, the challenging, the wrestling, and the striving…that’s what I miss. And the desire for these things has pushed me over the edge into the blogging world.
So this is my chosen path of reconnecting...Reconnecting with the voices in my life that have played such a prominent role in shaping who I am. And a path of connecting…connecting me (and us) to those outside my (our) world of influence so that a new (or maybe old) path might be forged. So I ask you guys to join with me in a discussion…a discussion that will hopefully push us all toward a life molded in the image of Christ.      

4 comments:

  1. looking forward to the first of many discussions. can't wait to see what questions you ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those nights, those discussions and the discovery we found together; as a family... lets never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss those nights, those discussions and the discovery we found together; as a family... lets never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you have questions about?

    ReplyDelete